Title: Alumnae Affinity Specialist
Reports to: Alumnae Affinity Administrator
The role of the Alumnae Affinity Specialist (AAS) is to encourage, facilitate and support the relationship for the alumnae of a collegiate chapter to the collegiate members of that chapter. Additionally she assists in extending that relationship to each other and to Alpha Phi International Fraternity and the Alpha Phi Foundation. The AAS is the key volunteer responsible for locating lost alumnae of her collegiate chapter and helping rekindle their relationship with Alpha Phi. The AAS can expect to spend 2-3 hours per week performing tasks associate with her role.
The Alumnae Affinity Specialist shall be appointed/re-appointed every two years by the Alumnae Affinity Administrator (AAA).
- Working collaboratively with the Executive Office, maintain preferred contact information for alumnae, including locating lost alumnae.
- Submit and encourage others to populate personal and chapter news via www.alphaphi.org on a timely basis to ensure the news feed contains relevant and current information.
- Work with the Alumnae Affinity Administrator to strengthen new areas of alumnae engagement in assigned area.
- Maintain a strong, collaborative relationship with the Chapter Advisor and Director of Alumnae Relations of her assigned collegiate chapter, in order to build and maintain a relationship with other chapter alumnae.
- Participate in periodic conference calls and attend special events as requested.
- Encourage payment of alumnae dues and support of the Alpha Phi Foundation.
Position Knowledge and Needs:
The Alumnae Affinity Specialist must be flexible, proactive, and self-directed. Strong communication skills, both verbal and written, are desired. She needs to be familiar with social media outlets. She must feel comfortable engaging alumnae. She is a role model and therefore should be in good standing with the Fraternity and supportive of the Alpha Phi Foundation.
In exchange for her service, the AAS will continue to develop leadership skills through her role, become skilled in research, and learn to engage lost alumnae. The AAS is valued as one of Alpha Phi's key volunteers seeking to reconnect alumnae with the fraternity and will be treated with respect and recognized for her contributions.