Title: Alumnae Engagement Manager
Reports to: Executive Director
The role of the Alumnae Engagement Manager (AEM) is to coordinate all alumnae activities and outreach for the quadrant that promotes lifetime engagement in Alpha Phi. She is the operative link between local alumnae chapters, individual alumnae, collegiate chapters and the Fraternity.
Key Job Elements:
- Lead engagement efforts for alumnae throughout the quadrant. Connect alumnae back to Alpha Phi International and the Alpha Phi Foundation and cultivate relationships.
- Maintain strong collaborative relationship with Collegiate Chapter Manager(s) in the quadrant.
- Appoint members of the Alumnae Engagement Team, supervise their work, and lead this team in engagement efforts.
- Work in symphony with other AEMs to identify trends and opportunities in alumnae engagement and to build solid alumnae/collegiate relationships within the quadrant and the Fraternity.
- Attend and lead meetings via conference call technology including calls with staff, engagement teams and AST (quarterly).
- Partner with Fraternity and Foundation staff and engagement team members to plan and staff special alumnae events such as Founders' Day events as requested.
- Partner with the Executive Director in establishing measurable annual goals for the team and participate in annual performance evaluation reviews.
- Encourage volunteerism by helping to identify and recommend candidates for Alpha Phi involvement through use of the PHI Form and by direct communication with those seeking volunteers.
- Coordinate programs in quadrant to engage with recent graduates and serve as an advocate for opportunities in Alpha Phi following graduation.
- Coordinate alumnae touch point communications; plan programs to utilize social media applications in a creative way to facilitate communication with alumnae in the quadrant.
- Report quarterly to the AST on activities in quadrant.
- Cultivate relationships with individual alumnae, collect contact information and find lost alumnae.
- Encourage payment of Fraternity alumnae dues and gifts to the Foundation.
- Demonstrated commitment to the purpose and values of Alpha Phi
- Alpha Phi leadership/advisory experience
- Experience leading volunteers in other profession/voluntary organizations
- Involvement in some aspect of alumnae life
- Alpha Phi International Policies & Procedures
- Alpha Phi online resources, including "Members Only" and social media platforms
- Alpha Phi Foundation knowledge and experience
- Knowledge of territory including alumnae chapters and collegiate chapters.
- Strong computer skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Project management and organizational skills
- Flexible, proactive, and self-directed but also able to work well in a team
Length of term
- Two year term begins in the spring of Convention years
- Estimated time commitment of 16 hours per month; total time may range dependent on quadrant size.
- Must be member in good standing as defined by the Fraternity's Constitution and Bylaws.
- Support the Alpha Phi Foundation with an annual tax-deductible gift as you are able.
- Attend Alumnae Engagement training and participate in writing/presenting modules of this training, when asked.