Chapter Operations Advisor
As Alpha Phi continues to grow, so does the need for talented and involved individuals to provide support at the local level. The Chapter Operations Advisor (COA) develops a collaborative relationship with the Chapter, House Corporation Board/Chapter Property Committee, and Chapter Resident Director to provide direction and consistency in execution and strategy. The Chapter Operations Advisor positions herself to support the Chapter Officers through decisions involving the facility and operations.
The Chapter Operations Advisor shall be appointed/reappointed on an annual basis by the Chapter Advisor and Collegiate Chapter Administrator. Position is a one year term.
- Help Director of Chapter Facilities to create and/or maintain and use a Chapter Occupancy Plan
- Maintain a full Chapter Facility.
- Advise the Director of Chapter Facilities as it relates to the women maintaining the Chapter Facilities day to day.
- Ensure a smooth relationship between the chapter and the House Corporation Board (HCB)/Chapter Property Committee (CPC) and between the chapter and the House Director (HD)
- Ensure the chapter has knowledge of, can interpret, and abides by the Fraternal documents: Constitution & Bylaws, Policies & Procedures, Collegiate Chapter Operations Manual, and Chapter documents: Chapter Bylaws, House Rules and Housing Contracts.
- Develop a positive working relationship with HCB/CPC Members and Chapter Resident Director
Finance (May be a Separate Advisor):
- See Finance Advisor Position Description
- Guide the Director of Administration through the annual review and/or updating of chapter bylaws.
- Guide Director of Administration in creating, modifying, and tracking a chapter attendance and point system and policy. Ensure that chapter point system is fair and equitable.
- Provide consistent updates to the Advisory Board on Chapter Operations
- Regularly attend Advisory board meetings. Attend Leadership Conference, as designated by the Chapter Advisor
Education & Mentorship
- The Chapter Operations Advisor must be aware of the chapter's Vital Signs and their impact on the chapter. Information on the Vital Signs may be found on the Alpha Phi International website.
- Maintain weekly contact with the Vice President of Chapter Operations to provide counsel on her leadership skills.
- Ensure a proper officer transition occurs.
- Serves as a secondary Chapter Advisory Board liaison to the HCB/CPC.
- Must be a member in good standing as defined by the Fraternity's Constitution and Bylaws, and support the Alpha Phi Foundation with an annual tax-deductible gift as you are able.
Positional Knowledge and Needs
The Chapter Operations Advisor should be familiar with Alpha Phi Policies and Procedures and resources. She should have skills in Excel. The COA is part of a team and therefore should be able to work well in a team setting. She should have excellent communication skills, be flexible, be able to work in a self-directed environment, and be able to assess needs and respond appropriately. She is a role model and therefore should be in good standing with the Fraternity and supportive of the Alpha Phi Foundation.
In exchange for her service, the COA will continue to develop leadership skills through her role, become skilled in organization and time management, learn to facilitate, and fine tune her critical thinking skills. Training is provided. Limited travel is available.
Chapter Operations Advisor Openings
Consider volunteering as a Chapter Operations Advisor for a chapter near you!
You may view open positions by clicking here.
Contact email@example.com to volunteer or for more information.