The role of the Bylaws Specialist is to assist in inventorying and analyzing collegiate chapter bylaws, determining which chapters need assistance in updating their bylaws either because they are outdated or they contain inappropriate items, and developing procedures on how to work with Collegiate Chapter Administrators and chapter officers to provide guidance.
Specialists will also help in the revision and creation of officer and advisor training on the topic of bylaws.
Key Job Elements:
- Analyze current status of collegiate chapter bylaws to determine which tactical areas the team will focus on each year.
- Work with Collegiate Chapter Administrators to educate and communicate with chapters on procedural errors.
- Help identify trends on topics that need training across the organization.
- Help review and provide input on Leadership Conference sessions on the topic of Bylaws.
- Assist in the creation of on demand training and written resources on the role of the Bylaws Committee.
- Assist in the creation of on demand training and written resources on the correct procedures to amend chapter bylaws.
- Assist in revising/contributing to Bylaw resources.
- Attend and participate in all training and meetings, as requested.
- Maintain strong collaborative relationships with Collegiate Chapter Administrators.
Knowledge and Experience:
- Working knowledge of how Alpha Phi's governing documents relate to each other.
- Alpha Phi leadership/advisory experience.
- Experience working with Officer Portal.
- Understanding of Alpha Phi International Policies & Procedures.
- Understanding of Alpha Phi International CCOM.
- Basic knowledge on Roberts Rules of Order.
- Strong computer skills.
- Excellent written communication skills.
- Estimated time commitment of 10 to 20 hours per month; total time may range dependent on when new annual reports are submitted.
- Must be member in good standing as defined by the Fraternity's Constitution and Bylaws.