The key volunteer responsible for overseeing the Vice President of Marketing and the officers in the Marketing Department. Responsible for providing leadership, guidance and support to the officers and programs in the Marketing Department. The Marketing advisor should attend departmental meetings on a regular basis and attend Leadership Conference when requested or when the budget allows.
The Marketing Advisor shall be appointed/reappointed on an annual basis by the Chapter Advisor and Collegiate Chapter Administrator. Position is a one year term.
- Help Vice President of Marketing and her department create a marketing plan that strategically promotes themselves on campus, in the community, and in the Greek community. (Examples: posters/flyers, incentives for wearing letters on campus)
- Help chapter to create and maintain a chapter website and other social media properties using Alpha Phi International's online media guidelines and policies.
- Ensure chapter Director of Advertising is submitting articles and photos to the Alpha Phi Quarterly and Alpha Phi International's member/chapter news on a regular basis.
- Ensure merchandise is designed tastefully, follows Alpha Phi guidelines, and is purchased through licensed vendors.
Philanthropy/Alpha Phi Foundation:
- Encourage chapter to plan events each year to raise funds to donate to the Alpha Phi Foundation.
- Educate chapter members on the Foundation's policies and processes.
- Ensure chapter fills out risk management forms for philanthropy events.
- Encourage chapter to hold events for local alumnae to attend (i.e. career workshops, banquets, luncheons, or alumnae weekends).
- Ensure officers are planning well organized events and letting attendees know well in advance of an upcoming event.
- Encourage chapter to send communications to alumnae at least yearly.
Positional Knowledge and Needs
The Marketing Advisor should be familiar with Alpha Phi Policies and Procedures and resources. She should be well-versed in marketing strategies, including effective brand management, best practices for social media, and image assessment. She must possess leadership skills, strong communication skills, creative thinking, and critical thinking skills. She is a role model and therefore should be in good standing with the Fraternity and supportive of the Alpha Phi Foundation.
In exchange for her service, the MA will continue to develop leadership skills through her role, learn to facilitate, and fine tune her creative skills, and build a portfolio of work. Training is provided. Limited travel is available.
Marketing Advisor Openings
Consider volunteering as a Marketing Advisor for a chapter near you!
You may view open positions by clicking here.
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org to volunteer or for more information.