Risk Management Advisor
The key volunteer responsible for overseeing the Vice President of Risk Management and the officers in the Risk Management Department. Responsible for providing leadership, guidance and support to the officers and programs in the Risk Management Department. The Risk Management advisor should attend departmental meetings on a regular basis and attend Leadership Conference when requested or when the budget allows.
The Risk Management Advisor shall be appointed/reappointed on an annual basis by the Chapter Advisor and Collegiate Chapter Administrator. Position is a one year term.
Member Safety and Accountability:
- Supports the chapter's risk management program to ensure all chapter events are safe and follow the Policies & Procedures of the Alpha Phi International Fraternity, Inc., Standing Rules, and Chapter Bylaws.
- Supports the development of the chapter's Emergency Procedure and Communication Plan.
- Works with the department to ensure it educates the chapter annually on Emergency Procedure Plan, Standing Rules, and Chapter Bylaws, specifically focusing on aspects that put the chapter or the individual member at risk.
- Assist in the development of the chapter's Standards of Excellence and assist the department in creating a culture of accountability.
- Continually promotes Watchcare among the chapter.
- Support Judiciary Board processes as necessary.
- Coaches the Vice President of Risk Management on the planning and implementation of a strategic social calendar that improves the chapter brand.
- Teach officers how to plan well-rounded, balanced, and safe events that will improve the members' experience.
- Works with the department to review its social contract and risk management procedures for events with alcohol on an annual basis.
- Supports the Vice President of Risk Management in ensuring Event Planner Forms are completed and submitted in a timely manner from all departments. Works with the Vice President to answer questions and coach her while she reviews/approves the forms.
Positional Knowledge and Needs
The Risk Management Advisor should be familiar with Alpha Phi Policies and Procedures and resources, as well as safety concerns and legal issues facing sororities. The RMA isn't expected to know all of the answers, but she should know where to find them. She must possess leadership skills, excellent verbal and written communication skills, flexibility and self-motivation, patience in conflict resolution, and critical thinking skills to help the chapter solve problems. The Risk Management Advisor is a role model and therefore should be in good standing with the Fraternity and supportive of the Alpha Phi Foundation.
In exchange for her service, the RMA will continue to develop leadership skills through her role, become skilled in crisis management, learn to facilitate, and fine tune her critical thinking skills. Training opportunities are provided. Limited travel is available.
Risk Management Advisor Openings
Consider volunteering as a Risk Management Advisor for a chapter near you!
You may view open positions by clicking here.
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org to volunteer or for more information.