Reports to: Chapter Advisor
Status: Volunteer - Part-time
Location: Remote, or in locale of chapter
Contact email@example.com with questions or to volunteer.
The Finance Advisor's duties are to support the VP of Chapter Operations and/or the Director of Finance, review general financial matters, and ensure efficient financial operations of the chapter.
- Become trained in the Billhighway online financial platform including how to input member fees, interpret financial reports, and input chapter budgets.
- Communicate weekly with VP Chapter Operations and/or Director of Finance, either in person, via Skype, or conference call to discuss chapter financial matters.
- Review Billhighway Member Aging Report on a weekly basis and help chapter officer(s) to enforce the International 15/30/45 Delinquency Policy.
- Review the Billhighway Budget Variance Report once a month at minimum to determine overages and re-allocate funds.
- Assist in the preparation of the annual chapter budget (working with the House Corporation Board if applicable), and explain and help the Director of Finance present the budget to the chapter.
- Remind chapters to pay Alpha Phi International fees on time and in full.
- Remind chapter to pay the House Corporation Board (if applicable) in full and on time per the contract with the HCB.
- Review financial letter and contract sent to members and parents (if applicable) for accuracy of content.
- Ensure that all members and their parent/guardian have signed financial contracts on file.
- Ensure chapter has identified a tax preparation firm and has submitted their financials for 990 reporting by the deadline each year.
- Ensure un-housed chapters move their chapter bond monies to the "chapter bond" savings account in Billhighway at the end of the fiscal year.
- Ensure chapter moves the amount of money earmarked for "savings" to their Billhighway "savings" account at the end of the fiscal year.
- Help chapter determine what percentage of their end of the year excess funds should be transferred to their House Corporation Board (if housed), once the chapter has met their savings goal.
- Ensure chapter submits all of their philanthropy proceeds to the Alpha Phi Foundation within 90 days of their philanthropic event.
- Review other Sorority fees on campus once each year to ensure that Alpha Phi is comparable with our top competitors on campus.
- Attend Advisory Board meetings when held, either in person, via Skype, or conference call. Provide a financial report so that all advisors have an understanding of the overall financial situation of the chapter.
Any of the following are valued:
- Collegiate Finance experience
- Chapter Advisor, Chapter Operations Advisor, or Finance Advisor experience
- HCB Treasurer experience
- Educational Leadership Consultant experience
- Professional experience related to finance and accounting
- Alpha Phi Policies and Procedures, including resignation and termination process
- Financial Reporting Requirements
- Alpha Phi Resources, including Officer Portal
- Experienced in areas of budgeting, collections, contracts, finance and forecasting procedures
Consider volunteering as a Finance Advisor for a chapter near you!
You may view open positions by clicking here.
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org to volunteer or for more information.
This volunteer position can be done remotely.