WANT TO GET INVOLVED!?
Serve on the COMMITTEE ON LEADERSHIP (COL)
WHAT IS THE COL?
The COL conducts the nomination and slating process for the selection of the International Executive Board. Six alumnae and two collegiate representatives serve on the committee.
We are looking for mature, dependable, thoughtful and articulate collegiate leaders to impact the future of our Fraternity. The members we seek will be able to balance their time, have strong Alpha Phi knowledge, and understand the importance of commitment and confidentiality.
TERM: March 2017 to June 2018
ELIGIBILITY: Any collegiate member in good standing, who is an active chapter member and full-time student through the end of spring semester 2018.
- Monthly conference calls with a few more during the months of October 2017 to March 2018
- Read and respond to e-mail and other COL correspondence in a timely manner (heaviest volume from October 2017 - March 2018)
- Read resumes and references and complete evaluations. (September to November 2017)
- Participate in candidate interviews; provide notes and evaluations (November 2017 - March 2018)
- Attend a 3-day, in-person meeting at the Executive Office in Evanston, Ill., in February or March 2018
BENEFITS OF SERVING AS A COLLEGIATE REPRESENTATIVE ON THE COL:
- The opportunity to connect with and build relationships with devoted alumnae volunteers.
- The chance to learn about the organizational structure of Alpha Phi, the role of the International Executive Board and the impact they have on individual chapters.
- Firsthand experience conducting interviews, prioritizing qualifications, and evaluating applicants.
HOW TO APPLY:
Please send your resume and the completed application form to firstname.lastname@example.org by March 20, 2017.
Once all applications have been received and reviewed, final candidates will be determined. A phone interview will be scheduled with each finalist. The top two finalists will begin serving on the COL in March 2017.